As part of its effort to maximize access to its collection of photographs of the early history of the institution, the Calvin T. Ryan Library at the University of Nebraska at Kearney (UNK) is working with the Nebraska Library Commission to digitize and make available on the Web selected photos from its collections. UNK was founded in 1905 as the Nebraska State Normal School at Kearney, became Nebraska State Teachers College in 1921, was renamed Kearney State College in 1963, and joined the Nebraska University system in 1991. Images in Nebraska Memories show faculty, students, buildings and activities from the first dozen years of the school’s existence.
University of Nebraska at Kearney Rights Statement
University of Nebraska at Kearney provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes, and for personal enjoyment. Permission to reproduce these images in any form other than for personal individual use must be obtained in writing from the University of Nebraska at Kearney. For more information about digital imaging use contact us at:
University of Nebraska at Kearney
Calvin T. Ryan Library
2508 11th Avenue
Kearney, NE 68849-2240