Townsend Studio has been in continuous operation since it was founded in Lincoln, Nebraska, in 1888 by Timothy Townsend with his sons, Alva C. and Charles. Alva continued the operation until 1945 when he sold the studio to Ben Meyer. In 1970, James N. Clark purchased the studio. Today it is run by his son, Bradford J. Clark. The studio holds a collection of glass plate and acetate negatives of early Lincoln and early residents including General John J. Pershing, William Jennings Bryan and Mari Sandoz; images also include University of Nebraska and high school sports teams, state governors and Lincoln mayors.
Townsend Studio Rights Statement
Townsend Studio provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Permission to reproduce these images in any form must be obtained in writing from Townsend Studio. Images may be purchased from Townsend Studio.
1400 S. 58th St.
Lincoln, NE 68506