The Holdrege Area Public Library partnered with the Phelps County Historical Society to digitize a collection of images portraying the history of Phelps County since the mid 1880’s. Subsets of this collection depict the Atlanta POW Camp which housed German prisoners of war during WWII, photos of Dr. Frank A. Brewster, known as the “Flying Doctor,” and the Christian Children’s Home. There are also several photographs from the George W. Johnson collection at the Museum that show typical scenes from the Buffalo Bill Wild West show in which Johnson was a performer. A 2008 LSTA grant funded the project.
Phelps County Historical Society Rights Statement
The photographs, texts and any other materials in this collection are provided by the Phelps County Historical Society. Permission to reproduce these in any form, other than for personal individual use, must be obtained in writing from the Phelps County Historical Society. Fees may apply. TIFF digital images are available.
Conditions for use of digital material: The right to use the digital material from the Phelps County Historical Society is on a one-time use only basis, with the following conditions:
- That proper credit is noted. Unless more specifically stated by the Society, credit must always minimally read “From the collections of the Phelps County Historical Society.” Credit statement must accompany each image.
- That proper citation is used, both to ensure proper credit and to allow users to find and verify the information being cited. Complete citation includes, if applicable, the author or photographer, the title or image number, the URL and the date.
- There is no misrepresentation of the images, recordings, text or other material so as to falsify the information they present.
- That the user assumes responsibility for all questions concerning copyright violation, photographic releases, invasion of privacy, slander and/or libel resulting from the use of text, images or recordings. Copyright for some materials in this collection may be held by others. The transmission or reproduction of these protected items, beyond that of fair use, requires the written permission of the copyright owner(s). Additionally, copyright on other historical materials appearing here may be difficult or impossible to determine; nevertheless, determinations of appropriate use are the responsibility of the user.
- That no manipulation of any kind be made to the Phelps County Historical Society digital image file(s) without written permission from the Phelps County Historical Society. Manipulation includes but is not limited to the following: contrast adjustments, rotation, inversion, sharpness, tonal adjustments, resolution, and removal or alteration, in any manner, of details inherent to the original image.
Note: Should you wish a high quality, actual size, TIFF digital version of a photo, it can be obtained from the Phelps County Historical Society upon receipt of applicable fees by the Phelps County Historical Society.
Phelps County Historical Society
2701 Burlington Street
Holdrege, NE 68949