The Crawford Historical Society and Museum, in partnership with the Crawford Public Library, digitized a number of images of the Crawford area in the late 1800s and early 1900s. The collection includes portraits of Crawford residents, photographs of local businesses, and souvenir postcards. One notable item is the first “official” photograph of the town, taken on July 1, 1886, the day Crawford was incorporated and named.
Crawford Historical Society and Museum Rights Statement
The Crawford Public Library in cooperation with the Crawford Historical Society and Museum provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes, and for personal enjoyment. Permission to reproduce these images in any form other than for personal individual use must be obtained in writing from the Crawford Public Library. The user assumes responsibility for all questions concerning copyright violation, photographic releases, invasion of privacy, slander, and/or libel resulting from the use of the texts, images, or recordings. While the Crawford Public Library has been granted permissions authority from individuals providing the images, copyright for some material(s) on these pages may be held by others. The transmission or reproduction of these protected items, beyond that of fair use, requires the written permission of the copyright owner(s). Additionally, copyright on some historical materials appearing here may be difficult or impossible to determine; nevertheless, determinations of appropriate use are the responsibility of the user.
Rights and Permissions
Crawford Public Library
601 Second Street Crawford
Crawford, NE 69339